Berlin: Walking Europe's Greatest City
If you decide to make your own way to Berlin, we can show you the best of the city.
Many ships offer train or bus transfers that leave you on your own once you reach Berlin.
We would be happy to meet you and give you one of the best Berlin experiences as we explore the city on foot.
Berlin is a fascinating city and the more things change (and they have), the more they stay the same. We’ve designed a Berlin tour just for you that covers all the main sights in Berlin’s historical core.
- Brandenburg Gate
- Paris Sqare
- Unter den Linden
- 1936 Olympic Stadium (site of the 2006 Soccer World)
- Charlottenburg Palace
- Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- Siegessäule: the Victory Column
- Potsdamer Platz
- Tiergarten: The Royal Hunting Grounds
- Reichstag: the seat of Germany's parliament , the Bundestag, with the famous Norman Foster Dome
- Site of SS and Gestapo HQs (Topography of Terror)
- Nazi Air Ministry
- Hitler's Bunker (we show you where the bunker was and stand above it. You can't go inside)
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (Holocaust Memorial)
- Checkpoint Charlie
- The Berlin Wall
- The "Deathstrip"
- Museum Island and Pleasure Garden (Lustgarten)
- Pergamon Museum
- Bebelplatz, scene of the Nazi Bookburning
- St. Hedwigs Silesian Cathedral
- Humboldt University
- State Opera
- War Memorial for the Victims of Militarism and Fascism (Neue Wache)
- Berlin Cathedral
- TV Tower (that tall thing that looks like an asparagus)
- Royal Armoury (Zeughaus)
- Palace Square (Schlossplatz)
- Red Town Hall
- Russian Embassy
- Friedrichstrasse (1920s Isherwood and Marlene Dietrich)
- Your day ashore includes the following:
- professional and personable English-speaking local Berlin expert for as long as you need them
- some surprises along the wa
- Additional Information:
This walking tour is specifically for you if you want to make the trip to Berlin on your own. It therefore doesn’t include transportation from Warnemünde to Berlin.
The tour is conducted on foot. We can arrange a vehicle in Berlin, but let’s be honest: it is cheaper for you to have us organize your entire day.
Cost of lunch is not included in the price. In most restaurants, credit cards are not accepted. You will need cash (EUR only) to purchase lunch. No shops in Berlin take US$.
For your own comfort, please consider bringing a bottle of water!
We make several stops to use the restrooms in Berlin. In Germany, it is customary to pay for the restrooms. The bonus here is that the restrooms are clean and useable. Please bring some €.50 coins with you.
It goes without saying that this is a sample itinerary. This is not a chorooligical detail of your portntial tout. Actual start/end depend on your ship's arrival/departure time. Times, sequence, and locations could vary depending on several factors. Sometimes ships are late arriving or the captain will declare an early departure. Berlin traffic is often frustrating, not like Paris or Mexico City, but still a factor to take into consideration. The tour is yours and personalized to you, so it might be different than someone else's.
We'll get you where you need to be, but we do have to warn you. Things change and since we can’t control the operations of the German Railroad, or any other transportation company contracted to your cruise line, Ship2shope takes no responsibility for you if you miss a train, your train is canceled, or your train is late. Basically, when you choose to come to Berlin by any other means than ours; you’re on your own.
- Price for your entire group: