Classic Berlin All-day Excursion
Berlin is a fascinating city and the more things change (and they have), the more they stay the same. We’ve designed a Berlin tour just for you that cover all the main sights in Berlin’s historical core.
Get a feel of Berlin then and now with a visit that covers ALL the highlight sites with photo ops in both West and East Berlin. We even break for a delicious traditional German lunch with some of the best beer in Berlin
This is an amazing, personal, and authentic Berlin experience that gives you an inside view of the City's turbulent past and promising future. We pick you up at the ship in Warnemünde or Rostock in a comfortable A/C car, van, or bus. We’ll whisk you to Berlin in comfort and style. Your guide, driver, and vehicle will be completely yours for the entire day.
With ship2shore, you’ll walk through the legendary Brandenburg Gate, cross the Death Strip of the Berlin Wall, stand above Hitler’s Bunker, and do an incredible amount more.
Our all-encompassing tour is more than a list of sights, it is a true Berlin experience, where we’ll weave the incredible stories of this city into a comprehensive overview that ranges from Berlin’s origins as a Slavic fishing village, to the splendor of Prussia, the rise of Berlin as the capital of a world-power, the emergence of the Nazis, and Berlin’s post-war rebirth.
We go slow enough and make plenty of stops to take pictures. We can adapt this tour to suit any interest.
Your Berlin Tour will typically include the following sites.
- • Brandenburg Gate
- • Paris Square
- • Unter den Linden
- • 1936 Olympic Stadium (site of the 2006 Soccer World)
- • Charlottenburg Palace
- • Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- • Siegessäule: the Victory Column
- • Potsdamer Platz
- • Tiergarten: The Royal Hunting Grounds
- • Reichstag: the seat of Germany's parliament, the Bundestag, with the famous Norman Foster Dome
- • Site of SS and Gestapo HQs (Topography of Terror)
- • Nazi Air Ministry
- • Hitler's Bunker (we show you where the bunker was and stand above it. You can't go inside)
- • Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (Holocaust Memorial)
- • Checkpoint Charlie
- • The Berlin Wall
- • The "Deathstrip"
- • Gendarmenmarkt
- • Museum Island and Pleasure Garden (Lustgarten)
- • Bebelplatz, scene of the Nazi Book burning
- • St. Hedwig’s Silesian Cathedral
- • Humboldt University
- • State Opera
- • War Memorial for the Victims of Militarism and Fascism (Neue Wache)
- • Berlin Cathedral
- • TV Tower (that tall thing that looks like an asparagus)
- • Royal Armoury (Zeughaus)
- • Palace Square (Schlossplatz)
- • Red Town Hall
- • Russian Embassy
- • Friedrichstrasse (1920s Isherwood and Marlene Dietrich)
- Your day ashore includes the following:
- professional and personable English-speaking guide in from Warnemünde to Berlin--all day
- Transfer Warnemünde (or Rostock or Wismar)–Berlin–Warnemunde (or Rostock or Wismar) in a private, comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
- private A/C vehicle in Berlin all day
- some surprises along the way
- Additional Information:
Cost of lunch is not included in the price. In most restaurants, credit cards are not accepted. You will need cash (EUR only) to purchase lunch. No shops in Berlin take US$.
For your own comfort, please consider bringing a bottle of water!
We stop to use the restrooms the drive to Berlin. In Germany, it is customary to pay for the restrooms. The bonus here is that the restrooms are clean and useable. Please bring soem €.50 coins with you.
It goes without saying that this is a sample itinerary. This is not a chorooligical detail of your portntial tout. Actual start/end depend on your ship's arrival/departure time. Times, sequence, and locations could vary depending on several factors. Sometimes ships are late arriving or the captain will declare an early departure. Berlin traffic is often frustrating, not like Paris or Mexico City, but still a factor to take into consideration. The tour is yours and personalized to you, so it might be different than someone else's.
- Price for your entire group: